All change at Horning with a weekend of contrasting conditions
- Credit: Archant
The light winds and overcast conditions persisted for Horning's third week of the season.
After a fantastic day on Saturday where members enjoyed warm sunshine and good breezes for getting all the boats and equipment ready for the training season, by Sunday it had all but disappeared, giving way to grey skies, shifty winds and a strong tide.
Despite a packed clubhouse in the morning, only a few ventured out, with Roger Pettit's lone keelboat – Reedling Osiris – sailing.
The dinghy fleet was more optimistic about the day's racing, completing two races.
Both were won by Ellie Edwards sailing her Splash, with sister Pippa – also sailing her Splash – and Kim West, who was sailing a Laser, both taking a second place.
You may also want to watch:
By lunchtime enthusiasm for drifting had waned and racing was concluded for the day.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000