Norfolk’s Federation bowlers reply in style
Norfolk's Federation bowlers bounced back from their defeats in Lincolnshire with convincing home wins over North Cambs.
At Hingham Rectory BC the Adams Trophy team had established a 38-18 lead within five ends and ran out 216- 133 winners, taking all six rinks for the full 22 points.
Rink scores: P Cox, R Greef, C Woodcock 30-23. A Elvin, N Patrick, P Webb 33-23. S Reynolds, G Hewitt, P Randell 31-30. R Bunton, G Todhunter, D Sherman 46-13. J Groves, J Cook, A Manson 38-24. A Sayer, N Blyth, B Sadler 38-20.
The Newton Trophy game at RG Carter followed a similar trend. Norfolk running away win 220-121, again for all 22 points.
Rink scores: J Newstead, A Tallent, J Moore 24-22; K Howlett, D Mower, E Clapham 48-21; S Covell, B Grint, R Meeks 40-15; G Gallant, J Hudson, C Bailey 30-26; D Smith, B Swan, M Bird 35-18; R Bunton, R Bailey, K Breame 43-19
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Norfolk teams travel to North Essex for the final games of the season. The Adams Trophy game is at Sudbury and the Newton Trophy game at Radwinter.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars