Norfolk’s Federation bowlers reply in style
Norfolk's Federation bowlers bounced back from their defeats in Lincolnshire with convincing home wins over North Cambs.
At Hingham Rectory BC the Adams Trophy team had established a 38-18 lead within five ends and ran out 216- 133 winners, taking all six rinks for the full 22 points.
Rink scores: P Cox, R Greef, C Woodcock 30-23. A Elvin, N Patrick, P Webb 33-23. S Reynolds, G Hewitt, P Randell 31-30. R Bunton, G Todhunter, D Sherman 46-13. J Groves, J Cook, A Manson 38-24. A Sayer, N Blyth, B Sadler 38-20.
The Newton Trophy game at RG Carter followed a similar trend. Norfolk running away win 220-121, again for all 22 points.
Rink scores: J Newstead, A Tallent, J Moore 24-22; K Howlett, D Mower, E Clapham 48-21; S Covell, B Grint, R Meeks 40-15; G Gallant, J Hudson, C Bailey 30-26; D Smith, B Swan, M Bird 35-18; R Bunton, R Bailey, K Breame 43-19
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the Norfolk teams travel to North Essex for the final games of the season. The Adams Trophy game is at Sudbury and the Newton Trophy game at Radwinter.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall