Norfolk’s best in action at county championships
Norfolk's top athletes will be heading for the Sportspark in Norwich this weekend.
The two-day county championships has attracted 330 athletes, with events on both days starting at 11am.
Among the top performers are likely to be Callum Brown in the throwing events and Sophie McKinna in the women's shot.
McKinna already has the longest putt in the country this year of 18.41 metres, which is also an Olympic qualifying distance.
After the success of the young cross country teams there are likely to be some very competitive middle distance events too. As well as an increasing number of young athletes taking part there will be a surge in the number of masters (veterans) athletes competing.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham high jumper Chris Baker, who has also achieved an Olympic qualifying performance, takes a step up in competition when he opens his season in the Diamond League event in Rome.
Tom Hook recently finished fourth in 1,500m at the British universities championships at Bedford and Norfolk opened the season with an emphatic win in the National Youth Development League event at Harrow.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town