Norfolk play final game in bowls Eversley Trophy
Norfolk played their last game in this year's Eversley Trophy when they entertained North Cambs at Roundwood IBC.
Though out of contention for the national final, they were looking to finish the season on a high note, and would have done so but for a superb finish by the visitors which saw them triumph by two shots.
North Cambs, havng won their two games, knew a win would put them close to qualifying for the national final for the first time since the early 1980s.
They started the stronger, holding a six-shot lead after five ends (17-11) before Norfolk hit back to take a 30 -28 lead after ten. At 15 ends the Norfolk lead had grown to nine shots and after 20 it was 70-58.
However, the North Cambs players produced a superb last five ends, picking up 27 shots to Norfolk's 13 to win 85-83, winning on three of the four rinks for 12 of the available 14 points to all but ensure progress to the final in April.
You may also want to watch:
Rink scores(Norfolk players first): A Sayer, C Blake & C Woodcock 38, S Eangledew, D Dawson & R Jackson 16; R Bunton, J Hudson & P Randell 15, F Howard, E Clarke & J Fox 20; J Fuin, R Greef & A Rowsell 16, J Chamber, J Hines & N Carter 24; R Warne, R Meeks & D Sherman 14, D Stanton, E Dilnot & R Allen 25.
After their success last week in the first game of the Derbyshire Trophy Chris Woodcock's Norfolk EBF County Team take on Lincolnshire on Sunday at Acle IBC and Lincoln IBC (1.30pm starts).
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Norfolk teams. At Acle: J Howlett, R Parker & T Dunton; M Elliott, J Fruin & J Dyball; J Colcombe, S Elliott & G Tubby. Res. D Goodley. At Lincoln: L Hills, M Riches & I Wones; P Winter, I Whiley & S Winter; A Sayer, J Cason & J Roope. Res. R Bunton & C Woodcock.