Norfolk League round-up: Hack hits a century for Great Yarmouth but Snettisham lead the way
- Credit: PA
Great Yarmouth eased to a comfortable win against Denver in Division One of the Norfolk League.
Steve Hack (116 not out) and Alex Ellis (71no) helped Yarmouth to victory whilst Sandringham remain unbeaten after a comfortable win at home to Caister and are pushing Snettisham for top spot.
Snettisham's Ryan Twiddy's 116no and Mark Utteridge's 52no helped them keep top spot with a win over Cringleford Lodge. Felthorpe recorded their first win – Jon Spicker with 66 and Cameron Collards rapid 50 gave them just enough runs to overcome a good Saxlingham side by seven runs. Kirkley and Belton overcame Blundeston.
In level Two West Castle Rising smashed 290 (Darren Clarke 126, Matt Taylor 69) in beating Gooderstone, for whom Owen Chandler took 8-32. Garboldisham B outclassed Northwold while Heacham chased down North Elmham's 178 for the loss of only two wickets and Castle Acre defeated Reepham and Salle thanks to 91no from Elliott Whiting.
In level Two East Sprowston B's Giles Ketkham made 129no but that was not enough as Drayton overcame their total thanks to 54 from Andy Denny and 68 from Rohan Kumar. Eaton defeated Gillingham with Dom Clark making 52no and Michael Barker 70 for Eaton whilst Ben Patrick made 50 for Gillingham. Gt Melton B overcame Bystanders, and despite 92 for Chris Butler and 87no for James Sneddon Ketteringham Hall lost to a good all round team effort from Rollesby. Billy and Dave Yarham with five and three wickets respectively put St Andrews to the sword before Billy Yarham and Tim Porter knocked off the runs for Overstrand without losing a wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Result of the day came in Level Three West, Dersingham A and Swanton Morley each making 199 in their tied game.
In Three Central Felthorpe A posted 253 against Heathersett and Tas Valley B with Julian Dismore 98 and Richard Edwards 77 leading the way. Simon Derrick with 5-11 ripped through the heart of the away side's reply. Gt Ellingham had a tight win over Rocklands A. Reepham and Salle's Joe Hollis scored 72, to back up last week's 143 as they defeated New Buckenham. Hardingham A beat Old Buckenham B and Wensum overcame Rackheath.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
Frettenham beat Winterton A in 3 East. Michael Handley made 85no for Halvergate as they beat Bungay A. Kirkley and Belton A beat Aylsham St Giles and Southwold beat Old Catton A. Acle A's Lee McMahon 70, Owen Gooch 77no and Sol Blazer 50no enjoyed themselves in their win over Coltishall.