Norfolk Ladies run out of luck in bowls Trophy loss
Norfolk Ladies played their first games of the season against Lincs at R G Carters and County Arts.
In the Donald Steward Trophy at County Arts Norfolk lost 139-113, getting only four points. In the Silver Jubilee Vase Norfolk again only secured four points in a 123-146 defeat.
Norfolk SJV Ladies at R G Carters: Jenni Eldred, Dianne Barnes, Hazel Rix 16-21; Carol Swan, Linda Bennett, Lilian Barber 24-16; Pam Rolph, Janis Lawrence, Marian Grimes 33-22; Joy Pearson, Hazel Burrage, Janet Church 18-35; Carol Playford, Kath Shepherd, Jenny Morrison 14-28; Jessica Ward, Carol Jay, Pat Hatch 18-24
Norfolk DST Ladies at R G Carters: Julie Walmsley, Sheila Hardingham, Janet Rose 25-22; Pauline Duffield, Carol Neave, Linda Blake 24-13; Sally Bates, Jo Watson, Marie Barker 18-23; Ann Leverett, Beverley Masters, Marion Himpleman 13-26; Maureen Emment, Barbara Meeks, Geraldine Reeve 16-29; Judith Phillips, Elaine Cole, Melanie Haylett 17-26
• Norfolk Lady Federation bowlers recently entertained the Norfolk EBA Ladies at a match staged at R G Carters at Drayton for the Hudson Lees Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
The Associations take turns to host the event and this year's event, played to Federation rules – two bowl triples over 25 ends –was won by the EBA with a score of 133-128.
The trophy, won last year by the Federation, was presented to EBA president Vera Moore by NCWBA president Carole Swan.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
NCWBA Scores first: J Eldred, M Auld, M Emment 24 P English, J Edwards, J Dearman 23; C Swan, J Pearson, L Barber 27 P Clarke, S Curtis, M Johnson 14; J Phillips, M Clutterbuck, G Reeve 21 A James, J Morton, J Roylance 19; J Ward, J Watson, J Church 19 B Venn, M Watson, L Millbank 29; A Leverett, S Hardingham, M Himpleman 18 A Read, J Webster, B Whitehead 21; G Harvey, H Rix, P Hatch 19 S King, J Devitt, C Webb 27.
• The Great Yarmouth Astro U15 and U25 take place on the Britannia Greens on Sunday, June 24. Around �1000 in prize money is up for grabs. All competitors are guaranteed a minimum of three games. Entry is �5 per person. Enquiries to Rita Albone, 36 Reynolds Avenue, Caister (01493 721440) or Derek Webster (603976). Closing date for entries May 30.