Norfolk Ladies run out of luck in bowls Trophy loss
Norfolk Ladies played their first games of the season against Lincs at R G Carters and County Arts.
In the Donald Steward Trophy at County Arts Norfolk lost 139-113, getting only four points. In the Silver Jubilee Vase Norfolk again only secured four points in a 123-146 defeat.
Norfolk SJV Ladies at R G Carters: Jenni Eldred, Dianne Barnes, Hazel Rix 16-21; Carol Swan, Linda Bennett, Lilian Barber 24-16; Pam Rolph, Janis Lawrence, Marian Grimes 33-22; Joy Pearson, Hazel Burrage, Janet Church 18-35; Carol Playford, Kath Shepherd, Jenny Morrison 14-28; Jessica Ward, Carol Jay, Pat Hatch 18-24
Norfolk DST Ladies at R G Carters: Julie Walmsley, Sheila Hardingham, Janet Rose 25-22; Pauline Duffield, Carol Neave, Linda Blake 24-13; Sally Bates, Jo Watson, Marie Barker 18-23; Ann Leverett, Beverley Masters, Marion Himpleman 13-26; Maureen Emment, Barbara Meeks, Geraldine Reeve 16-29; Judith Phillips, Elaine Cole, Melanie Haylett 17-26
• Norfolk Lady Federation bowlers recently entertained the Norfolk EBA Ladies at a match staged at R G Carters at Drayton for the Hudson Lees Trophy.
The Associations take turns to host the event and this year's event, played to Federation rules – two bowl triples over 25 ends –was won by the EBA with a score of 133-128.
The trophy, won last year by the Federation, was presented to EBA president Vera Moore by NCWBA president Carole Swan.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 6 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 7 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 8 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 9 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 10 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
NCWBA Scores first: J Eldred, M Auld, M Emment 24 P English, J Edwards, J Dearman 23; C Swan, J Pearson, L Barber 27 P Clarke, S Curtis, M Johnson 14; J Phillips, M Clutterbuck, G Reeve 21 A James, J Morton, J Roylance 19; J Ward, J Watson, J Church 19 B Venn, M Watson, L Millbank 29; A Leverett, S Hardingham, M Himpleman 18 A Read, J Webster, B Whitehead 21; G Harvey, H Rix, P Hatch 19 S King, J Devitt, C Webb 27.
• The Great Yarmouth Astro U15 and U25 take place on the Britannia Greens on Sunday, June 24. Around �1000 in prize money is up for grabs. All competitors are guaranteed a minimum of three games. Entry is �5 per person. Enquiries to Rita Albone, 36 Reynolds Avenue, Caister (01493 721440) or Derek Webster (603976). Closing date for entries May 30.