Norfolk improve standing
The Norfolk men were fifth in the Eastern Counties Foursomes at Seacroft, Lincolnshire - up two places on last year. 'It was an improvement,' said county captain Jon Baker-Odlin.
The Norfolk men were fifth in the Eastern Counties Foursomes at Seacroft, Lincolnshire - up two places on last year.
'It was an improvement,' said county captain Jon Baker-Odlin. 'We didn't achieve or fulfil our potential but I was pleased with the 100pc commitment from all the players.'
Norfolk were top scorers on the Saturday afternoon session of the two-day 72-hole competition. They took nine points from a possible 10 against Leicestershire and Suffolk. Baker-Odlin said: 'I was delighted and proud of achieving the top points score on Saturday afternoon but unfortunately we didn't perform on the other three rounds. We need to work on our consistency.'
The team was supported by county president Geoff Higgins, vice president Bill Neill, former president Mike Stott and county secretary David Horsburgh. Norfolk amassed a total of 18� points. The event was won by Lincolnshire with a record 32 points.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk results: Saturday am v Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire: 2� pts, Saturday pm v Leicestershire & Suffolk 9pts, Sunday am v Northants & Hertfordshire 3�pts, Sunday pm v Essex & Bedfordshire 3�pts. Total 18�, fifth position.
Pairings results: Ian Hardy & Luke Johnson (King's Lynn) 5�pts, Tom Clements & Matt Bacon (Royal Norwich/Costessey Park) 4�pts, Simon Clark and Jon Baker-Odlin (Gt Yarmouth & Caister/Royal Norwich) 3�pts, Austin Brydon and Scott Nichols (Royal Norwich) 3�pts, Paul Reade and Jamie Smith (King's Lynn/Royal Norwich) 1�pts, Paul Reade & Dan Russell (King's Lynn/Ryston Park) �pt.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project