Norfolk hand debuts to four players at Buckinghamshire
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norfolk will begin the final match of their Minor Counties Championship season tomorrow with one eye on the next campaign.
A much-changed side head to Buckinghamshire for a three-day game at Tring which will see four players make their senior county debut.
Vauxhall Mallards opener David Turner and James Hale of Great Witchingham are joined by Fakenham and Essex bowler Will Dunger and Thetford wicketkeeper Ryan Conroy in preparing to make their debut.
That is largely due to Swardeston being in action in the south-east area finals of the Natwest Twenty20 competition tomorrow but skipper Chris Brown is looking forward to seeing what the youngsters have to offer.
'It's an opportunity for these guys to go to Bucks with us on Saturday night and give us and the selectors a chance to look at other players,' Brown said.
You may also want to watch:
'We can see what their potential is and then next season the selectors should have a big squad to choose from. So that all bodes well for these lads and for the future.'
Norfolk are looking to build on a dominant 91-run home victory against Suffolk in their last match, which bumped them up to sixth place in the table.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
Now Brown is hoping to see his side finish the season on a high.
'Obviously Swardeston are involved in the national T20 competition and those players wanted to play for their club, which gives us the opportunity to give four debuts to these lads.
'With Ash Watson and Luke Caswell returning as well, there should be a lot of energy in this particular group.'
Norfolk: James Spelman, David Turner, Garry Park, Ben France, Luke Caswell, Ashley Watson, James Hale, Ryan Findlay, Chris Brown (C), Will Dunger, Ryan Conroy (WK).