Norfolk Ladies captain Sammy Martin working hard to promote golf
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Ladies captain Sammy Martin has been out and about in the county promoting the game.
She recently visited Caldecott Hall to catch up with Sandy Johnson, the fellow recipient of an England Golf award for voluntary work.
She also visited Mundesley to check out out the work being done there to encourage more women, girls and boys to take up the game.
'Getting into golf can be intimidating if your only option is to approach your nearest club and sign up,' said Martin. 'If you are a beginner you will need to learn how to play or if you are returning or improving you are hostage to who will offer you a game.
'There is a better way. If you are interested in learning to play golf with a community spirit thrown in then join us. I guarantee you will be welcomed, supported and motivated throughout your journey.'
You may also want to watch:
Martin runs a beginner, returner and improver group at her home club of Royal Norwich while Johnson mirrors this programme at Caldecott Hall.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park