Norfolk Ladies captain Sammy Martin working hard to promote golf
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Ladies captain Sammy Martin has been out and about in the county promoting the game.
She recently visited Caldecott Hall to catch up with Sandy Johnson, the fellow recipient of an England Golf award for voluntary work.
She also visited Mundesley to check out out the work being done there to encourage more women, girls and boys to take up the game.
'Getting into golf can be intimidating if your only option is to approach your nearest club and sign up,' said Martin. 'If you are a beginner you will need to learn how to play or if you are returning or improving you are hostage to who will offer you a game.
'There is a better way. If you are interested in learning to play golf with a community spirit thrown in then join us. I guarantee you will be welcomed, supported and motivated throughout your journey.'
You may also want to watch:
Martin runs a beginner, returner and improver group at her home club of Royal Norwich while Johnson mirrors this programme at Caldecott Hall.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse