Norfolk Cricket League round-up: St Andrews lead Division One after Castle Acre victory
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Promoted St Andrews head the embryonic Division One table after the second round of fixtures as they overcame Castle Acre by three wickets.
Dave Lambert led the way with 57 despite Sam Molyneux's 56 for the losers.
Happisburgh also chalked up their second win of the season. Last year's Level Two champions faced off against each other and East beat West as Overstrand claimed the spoils over Castle Rising by three wickets in a tense encounter, Neil Yarham hitting 51 and David Yarham 49 along with 4-24 with the ball.
Sandringham stumbled at home to Great Yarmoth, Steve Hak grabbing 66 while Jake Barton took 4-34 for the hosts. Jagdish Patro scored 111 as Felthorpe overcame Saxlingham.
Level Two East sees Halvergate clear at the top as Michael Handley scored 73 in their win.
You may also want to watch:
Southwold's Sam Booker (6-7) and Jason Hall (4-13) shot out Gillingham for 52, while Chris Dellor starred with 150 in Aylsham's victory.
Caister also won with the help of Shaun Goodby (84) and Paul Brown (83*), while Cringleford also picked up a victory.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
Over in the West, Joe Hollis' 97 helped Reepham & Salle to victory and the head of the table. Matthew Coe starred with 114no, helped by Charlie Steele's 4-11 as Narborough remain hot on their heels. Drayton got their first win thanks to Rohan Kumar's 101no and 4-28.
Three Central saw the batting performance of the day as Steven Guy smashed 167no for Hingham, who stay marginally ahead of Mellis, Chris Farrant starring for them with 78. Malayalees won thanks to 5-20 from Ajesh Jose and 4-10 from Hussain.
In the East, Alex Turner hit 104no for leaders Horsford C, while in the West, North Elmham head the pile thanks to Josh Hall's 54no. Thornham also picked up a narrow win thanks to Brad Williams' 62.
Highlights of Level Four were Ashley Legge's 89 for newcomers Boughton, Matt Skinner hit 111 in vain for Aldborough as Darren Jeary grabbed 72 for Happisburgh A, Martham's Ian Spencer crashed 98, while Simon Cadge (104no) and Rob Batley (110) shone out for Old Buckenham B. James Webster got 100 for Hales & Loddon, and George Shipley hit 88 for 4SE leaders Bungay A.