Norfolk come out on top in East Anglian derby clash
- Credit: Archant
It was a bonfire night to remember as the Norfolk U14 junior badminton team took on Suffolk in the East Anglian derby.
Suffolk took an early lead by gaining the upper hand in the mixed doubles, winning three of the four games, but it was short-lived as the Norfolk boys clawed ahead, winning all four of their singles games.
Suffolk regained their composure, winning three of the four girls' singles, and moved ahead by winning three of the four girls' doubles games.
This left Norfolk 9-7 down and the result in the hands of the boys' doubles. All four matches were closely fought, but the Norfolk boys held their nerve to take all games, leaving Norfolk with an 11-9 win.
In the spirit of friendship between the two counties, a match was held between the second teams, a friendly to allow other players to gain experience on the county circuit. Norfolk won the game 13-7.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital