Norfolk CCC to play one-day match at Fakenham Cricket Club this season
- Credit: Tim Ferley
Fakenham Cricket Club will host a Norfolk CCC first team match for the first time in the club's history this season.
Norfolk's final group game of the Unicorns Minor Counties Knockout Trophy will be hosted at Highfield Lawn, as part of an agreement with opponents Cumberland.
The one-day match, on Sunday, May 22, is being hosted at Fakenham to help shave some journey time off of Cumberland's long trip down from the north-west.
The same courtesy will then be afforded to Norfolk when Chris Brown's team make the trip to Cumbria in the Unicorns Minor Counties Championship Eastern Division match, which will be hosted at Sedbergh School, near Kendal. That three-day match is scheduled to start on Sunday, August 14.
Norfolk are looking to improve on a seventh-place finish in the Eastern Division last season, winning one and drawing three of their six three-day matches.
They will also be looking to go further in the Knockout Trophy, having reached the quarter-finals of the one-day competition in the past three seasons, losing by 19 runs at Lincolnshire last season.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds