Norfolk CCC to play one-day match at Fakenham Cricket Club this season
- Credit: Tim Ferley
Fakenham Cricket Club will host a Norfolk CCC first team match for the first time in the club's history this season.
Norfolk's final group game of the Unicorns Minor Counties Knockout Trophy will be hosted at Highfield Lawn, as part of an agreement with opponents Cumberland.
The one-day match, on Sunday, May 22, is being hosted at Fakenham to help shave some journey time off of Cumberland's long trip down from the north-west.
The same courtesy will then be afforded to Norfolk when Chris Brown's team make the trip to Cumbria in the Unicorns Minor Counties Championship Eastern Division match, which will be hosted at Sedbergh School, near Kendal. That three-day match is scheduled to start on Sunday, August 14.
Norfolk are looking to improve on a seventh-place finish in the Eastern Division last season, winning one and drawing three of their six three-day matches.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be looking to go further in the Knockout Trophy, having reached the quarter-finals of the one-day competition in the past three seasons, losing by 19 runs at Lincolnshire last season.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham