Can you guess who finished third in previous World Cups?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
It's the fixture that no team wants to play, and that nobody remembers, but do you know who won the third place play-off game in previous World Cups?
As much as they won't want to, two sides will have to kick off at the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg on July 14.
In 2014, Dutch manager Louis Van Gaal shared his views on the tie: 'I think this match should never be played.
'I've been saying that for 10 years. We'll have to play that match. It's unfair - we have one day less to recover than our opponents, too, so that's not fair play.
'The worst thing is I believe that, chances are, you lose twice in a row and a tournament where you've played so marvellously well you'll leave as a loser after losing the last two matches.
You may also want to watch:
'That's my view, but I said that 15 years ago, 10 years ago. In a tournament, you shouldn't have players play a match for third or fourth place. There's only one award that counts, and that's being world champion.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon