Can you guess who finished third in previous World Cups?
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
It's the fixture that no team wants to play, and that nobody remembers, but do you know who won the third place play-off game in previous World Cups?
As much as they won't want to, two sides will have to kick off at the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg on July 14.
In 2014, Dutch manager Louis Van Gaal shared his views on the tie: 'I think this match should never be played.
'I've been saying that for 10 years. We'll have to play that match. It's unfair - we have one day less to recover than our opponents, too, so that's not fair play.
'The worst thing is I believe that, chances are, you lose twice in a row and a tournament where you've played so marvellously well you'll leave as a loser after losing the last two matches.
You may also want to watch:
'That's my view, but I said that 15 years ago, 10 years ago. In a tournament, you shouldn't have players play a match for third or fourth place. There's only one award that counts, and that's being world champion.'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit