Norfolk Bowls Club’s Carol Pollington claims two county titles
Carol Pollington of Norfolk Bowls Club won two titles on one day when the Norfolk Women's Indoor finals were played at Wymondham Dell, climaxing five months of competition.
In the morning she beat recently crowned national ladies indoor champion Carole Baker of Diss IBC 21-15 in a tense singles final.
And the new queen of county bowls was back on the rink in the afternoon to join Brenda Whitehead in the pairs final, where they defeated Lakeside's Marlene Harrison and Sue Purse 30-9.
Acle's Melanie Haylett, Geraldine Reeve and Barbara Meeks won the triples, beating Jayne Roylance, Christine Webb and Linda Blake 20-12 in another brilliant final.
The fours was won by Rebecca Carter, Liz McMillan, Mary Watson and Sue Curtis of County Arts, who overcame Molly Auld, Shirley Lettice, Marie Barker and Barbara Meeks 19-15.
You may also want to watch:
NCWIBA President Susan Gooch made the presentations.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back