Norfolk BC A close gap on the leaders
With the two top two teams not playing, Norfolk BC A took the chance to close the gap on the leaders in Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League.
Playing Gallow A at home they won by 96 shots to 65, with the rink skipped by Wayne Willgress top scoring 29-13.
The six and-a-half points gained moved them into second place, although they have played more games than North Walsham A and Acle A.
In the other match played in the division, Lakeside A moved further away from the bottom of the table with an 80 shot to 60 win at home to County Arts A, Ken Breame's rink winning 23-10.
Division Two has new leaders in Lynnsport after they won by 100 shots to 56 at home to the previous leaders Diss A, John Cason's rink winning for them 35-11. Browston A continue to keep pace with the teams at the top of the division after they won at home to Shotford A by 94 shots to 71, Peter Hurren's rink winning 39-17.
Hunstanton are also in the promotion hunt after they beat Brecks A at home by 109 shots to 46, Stan Allcock's rink leading the way with a 29-10 scoreline.
In the final match played in the Division, Acle B moved off the bottom of the table after they beat Roundwood A at home by 80 shots to 69.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride