Norfolk BC A close gap on the leaders
With the two top two teams not playing, Norfolk BC A took the chance to close the gap on the leaders in Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League.
Playing Gallow A at home they won by 96 shots to 65, with the rink skipped by Wayne Willgress top scoring 29-13.
The six and-a-half points gained moved them into second place, although they have played more games than North Walsham A and Acle A.
In the other match played in the division, Lakeside A moved further away from the bottom of the table with an 80 shot to 60 win at home to County Arts A, Ken Breame's rink winning 23-10.
Division Two has new leaders in Lynnsport after they won by 100 shots to 56 at home to the previous leaders Diss A, John Cason's rink winning for them 35-11. Browston A continue to keep pace with the teams at the top of the division after they won at home to Shotford A by 94 shots to 71, Peter Hurren's rink winning 39-17.
You may also want to watch:
Hunstanton are also in the promotion hunt after they beat Brecks A at home by 109 shots to 46, Stan Allcock's rink leading the way with a 29-10 scoreline.
In the final match played in the Division, Acle B moved off the bottom of the table after they beat Roundwood A at home by 80 shots to 69.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 8 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city