Norfolk basketball pro Patrick Manifold wants to help Glasgow Rocks win BBL Trophy final
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Norfolk's Patrick Manifold will be aiming to help Glasgow Rocks cause a huge upset in tomorrow's British Basketball League Trophy final.
The 6ft 7in giant, raised in Great Yarmouth, has enjoyed his first full season as a professional even though the Scottish outfit sit third from bottom in the UK's top tier. But they still have a chance of collecting silverware when they take on second-placed Worcester Wolves on their own court at the Emirates Arena.
And the 27-year-old insists he wants to repay the club's loyal fans by shocking the high-fliers in the BBL's showcase fixture.
Manifold, speaking as a special guest on our West Norfolk Sports Podcast, said: 'It bothers me, but I am happy we're the underdogs. I feel like I've always been the underdog. We haven't played to our full potential this year and that's shown in our place in the league right now. But this is one game and anything can happen. I feel we actually match up quite well against them. I feel very confident our team has the ability to go out on the court and get that win.
'It's going to be a great challenge. I'm really excited. This organisation wants silverware so badly. We're going to do our best to bring that silverware home.'
You may also want to watch:
The last time the two sides met, on February 14, the Wolves triumphed 89-82.
Visit www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp (episode 22) to hear more from Manifold.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship