Norfolk A cruise into last four of Inter-County comp after London win
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk A moved into cruise control in a devastating second half performance that saw Inter-County Championship quarter-final opponents London blown away at Daventry.
The final score was 33-7 to Norfolk on points, 207-151 on shots. In the semi-finals Norfolk A will face Cheshire A who beat West Midlands A by a convincing 30-10 margin.
Hempnall were quick out of the blocks against visitors Connaught A in their Norwich Cup quarter-final clash.
Bernie Cudden, Chris East and Rob Cranston opened with an 11-6 win against Richard Harrison's triple while Mick Pearce, Joan Cann and Charlie Archer beat Owen Secker's triple 7-2 to give Hempnall an early 4-0 points lead.
Hempnall's pairs carried on where the triples left off with Roger Parker and Neil Davidson beating Sheila Bragg and Joe Lirocchi 13-5 and Lewis Cranston and Paul Baker beating Mike Parsons and Lee Fallows 13-5.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Rob Cranston's triple sealed Hempnall's place in the semi-finals with a resounding 19-1 win against Owen Secker's triple.
The three remaining games all went Connaught's way as their late flurry of wins reduced the deficit to 10-6 in Hempnall's favour but the damage had already been done. The draw for the semi-finals was conducted at Thorpe Marriott and Hempnall and Bob Carter will have been pleased to avoid each other in the draw.
- 1 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 2 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 7 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
Hevingham were the first name to be drawn out by Thorpe Marriott's Ted Redwood and they were followed by Bob Carter. The other semi-final will be between Hempnall and Framingham Earl and the two leg home and away semi-finals have to be completed by March 20.
Hevingham were the first ever winners of the Norwich Cup in the 1989/90 season when they beat Woodbastwick in the final. They went on to lift the cup four times in the first eight years it was held beating Bob Carter in the final three times. Bob Carter have won the Norwich Cup a record nine times and have reached the final 13 times in the 27 years it has been held.
Hempnall have won the Norwich Cup just once in 2008/9 and were beaten finalists in 2006/7 & 2014/15. Their semi-final opponents Framingham Earl have never reached the final.