No common or garden carp for Fred!
- Credit: Archant
The carp at the Nar Valley Fisheries are now on the move after their slumbers over the winter.
Last weekend saw Lake Geneva produce four fish weighing more than 30lb, along with a good number in the 20lb range.
Fisheries bailiff Fred Marchant set a new personal best with a superb common carp weighing in at 36lb 4oz and then added a mirror of 28lb 2oz within hours to round of a superb session.
The largest carp of the weekend was a mirror which tipped the scales at 37lb 10oz, and the best catch was a five-fish haul ranging from 17lb to 34lb.
Fenn lake continues to produce quality carp and xatfish. Tickets for the season will be on sale at the beginning of April.
You may also want to watch:
Hobbs lake trout fishery is going well with some good rises to the hatch as the water temperature improves. Rainbows to 3lb are willing to take small black buzzers. For any information contact Chris on 07900 285313.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk