Niels-Kristian Iversen gets his wish and completes King’s Lynn Stars’ 2013 line-up
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Stars have finalised their line-up for next season by completing the signing of Niels-Kristian Iversen.
As expected, the Dane will return to the Norfolk Arena after the British Speedway Promoters' Association (BSPA) gave Lynn chiefs the green light to bring him back to Saddlebow Road on loan for a third successive campaign.
The 30-year-old's parent club Peterborough Panthers had appealed the BSPA's original decision to allow the deal to go through forcing the three-time World Cup winner to remain in the dark about his future.
But eventually Iversen, who starred as the Stars' number one last season, got his wish and has now signed on the dotted line to lead Lynn's 2013 Elite League charge when speedway returns in March.
The Dane joins Rory Schlein, Mads Korneliussen, Simon Stead, Nicolai Klindt, Sebastian Alden and Kozza Smith in the Stars' team for next term.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 4 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67