Niels-Kristian Iversen gets his wish and completes King’s Lynn Stars’ 2013 line-up
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Stars have finalised their line-up for next season by completing the signing of Niels-Kristian Iversen.
As expected, the Dane will return to the Norfolk Arena after the British Speedway Promoters' Association (BSPA) gave Lynn chiefs the green light to bring him back to Saddlebow Road on loan for a third successive campaign.
The 30-year-old's parent club Peterborough Panthers had appealed the BSPA's original decision to allow the deal to go through forcing the three-time World Cup winner to remain in the dark about his future.
But eventually Iversen, who starred as the Stars' number one last season, got his wish and has now signed on the dotted line to lead Lynn's 2013 Elite League charge when speedway returns in March.
The Dane joins Rory Schlein, Mads Korneliussen, Simon Stead, Nicolai Klindt, Sebastian Alden and Kozza Smith in the Stars' team for next term.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures