Ex-Norwich City defender signs for King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Town have confirmed the signing of former Norwich City youth team player Kyle Callan-McFadden.
The Linnets have been granted international clearance for the 25-year-old, who will go straight into the squad for Lynn’s National League home game against Dover Athletic on Saturday.
Callan-McFadden – a member of the Canaries FA Youth Cup winning team of 2013 – has been a long-time target for Linnets boss Ian Culverhouse.
Director of football Robbie Back said: “We are delighted to get this one over the line after being in contact with Kyle for several months. Ideally we would have loved him to be here at the start of the season but that was not possible as he still had his commitments with Sligo and we had to respect that.
“We wanted Kyle as we thought of him highly, so we were prepared to wait for him to be available. Kyle will bring experience and leadership qualities into the dressing room and he already knows most of the squad which will help him settle in quickly. It really is a great signing for the football club and our supporters.”
You may also want to watch:
The defender, who has just left League of Ireland side Sligo Rovers, watched the Linnets win at Barnet in midweek, having warmed up with the squad prior to kick-off.
Callan-McFadden joined the Norwich City Academy at the age of 16 in 2011 and made his first senior appearance against Nice in a pre-season friendly in July 2014. His professional debut came in a League Cup victory against Crawley Town the following month.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
He was released by City at the end of the 2014/15 season and moved to the US where he played for Orlando City before moving to Sligo.