New King’s Lynn manager to be announced tomorrow – read the reaction as Gary Setchell is sacked by Linnets
- Credit: Simon Moore/Focus Images Limited
King's Lynn Town will announced their new manager tomorrow – as fans, supporters are reporters alike took to Twitter to have their say on Gary Setchell's sacking late on Tuesday night.
Setchell is something of a Walks legend having played for the club and then been at the helm of the Linnets one way or another since 2010, and took charge of his 350th game in October.
However, Lynn find themselves a long way out of the play-off picture in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division and Monday's goalless draw at lowly Cambridge City proved the final straw.
But given Setchell's longevity at the club, plenty wanted to pay tribute to the outgoing boss on Twitter – as well as question the initial decision.
Lynn chairman Stephen Cleeve announced the news, saying the decision was 'the hardest he had ever had to make' – while laying the blame at the Linnets' failed promotion push.
Setchell was originally appointed joint-manager alongside Kevin Boon, but was in sole charge by the time he took Lynn out of the United Counties League in 2011-12, and then to the Northern Premier League Division One South championship a year later.
King's Lynn have said they will announce their new manager at a press conference on Thursday.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 8 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 9 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 10 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country