New King’s Lynn manager to be announced tomorrow – read the reaction as Gary Setchell is sacked by Linnets
- Credit: Simon Moore/Focus Images Limited
King's Lynn Town will announced their new manager tomorrow – as fans, supporters are reporters alike took to Twitter to have their say on Gary Setchell's sacking late on Tuesday night.
Setchell is something of a Walks legend having played for the club and then been at the helm of the Linnets one way or another since 2010, and took charge of his 350th game in October.
However, Lynn find themselves a long way out of the play-off picture in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division and Monday's goalless draw at lowly Cambridge City proved the final straw.
But given Setchell's longevity at the club, plenty wanted to pay tribute to the outgoing boss on Twitter – as well as question the initial decision.
Lynn chairman Stephen Cleeve announced the news, saying the decision was 'the hardest he had ever had to make' – while laying the blame at the Linnets' failed promotion push.
Setchell was originally appointed joint-manager alongside Kevin Boon, but was in sole charge by the time he took Lynn out of the United Counties League in 2011-12, and then to the Northern Premier League Division One South championship a year later.
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn have said they will announce their new manager at a press conference on Thursday.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould