Nathan Dale to top Norwich fight night bill
The growing talent that is Norwich's Nathan Dale will again top the bill when boxing returns to the city next month.
Dale has conquered all before him in building up a 100pc record after 11 outings, picking up Masters titles at two different weights.
And while Dale has domestic honours in his sights, a fighter tipped for world stardom has given his stamp of approval for the Norwich fight nights by making a surprise retiurn.
Hughie Fury, cousin of the controversial Tyson Fury, will return to the Epic Centre in Magdalen Street on November 23.
'I spoke with Team Fury after Hughie fought last time and they said they had really enjoyed it in Norwich and some great support and would love to do it again and the timing on November 23 suited their busy schedule so the Norwich fans are in for another treat,' said promoter Mervyn Turner.
You may also want to watch:
Dale stablemates Scott Moises and Billy Bird, Lowestoft's Craig Poxton, King's Lynn newcomer Charlie Garrad – who has just has moved to Kickstop Gym trainer Graham Everett – and another heavyweight, Matt Legg, will also feature.
'Nathan's last opponent, Michael Dufek, was very tough and he has another very tough assignment with unbeaten light-welterweight Ryan 'Ginger Bomber' Hardy, who has won six on the bounce. Nathan is a great lad with his feet firmly on the ground and having won two title on the bounce at welterweight and now with his new weight, light welter he is brimming full of confidence and has already told newly-crowned Southern Area Champion, Tony Owen, to keep a good watch over his shoulder as he is coming to get the title,' added Turner.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
'That's a fight we would really like to make for Nathan in the future but first he has to overcome his undefeated opponent and Hardy is certainly no mug.'
Legg hopes to make an appearance on this bill after missing out last time through injury while for the unbeaten Bird makes his fourth outing. Moises returns home after a tremendous performance in his quest to wrestle the Southern Area title from the highly-rated Mitchell Smith.
For tickets call 07933 750010, go to www.shamrockboxing.co.uk or go to the Epic Centre in Magdalen Street.