Morton leads the way as Denver topple leaders
Paul Morton scored another century as Denver inflicted a first defeat of the season on Bircham on Saturday to knock the morning leaders off the top of Division One.
Morton put on 141 for the opening partnership with Alex Vincent (62) and finished with 139, including 21 fours and two sixes, as Denver reached 310 for 3. Shaun Fisher scored 55 in Bircham's reply of 209 for 7.
Kieran Herbert took 4 for 14 to help new leaders Snettisham to dismiss Sandringham for just 72. Matt Herbert scored 57 in Snettisham's earlier total of 170 for 8 to set up the 98 run victory.
Roshan Samarathunga top scored with 67 as Castle Rising reached 243 for 6 while Tanveer Singh picked up 5 for 37 for opponents Castle Acre, who were bowled out for 171.
Jason Young took 5 for 25 for Terrington as Swaffham A could only manage 72 all out. He then hit an unbeaten 56 in their 10 wicket victory.
You may also want to watch:
Heacham got back to winning ways to remain top of Division Two. Anthony Sadler scored 72 in their 201 for 6 before Duncan Rix took 5 for 27 to dismiss Sandringham A for 87 on their way to victory by 114 runs.
David Spencer took 4 for 22 for Hockwold to help restrict Northwold to 158. David English then took 4 for 41 to successfully defend that total in a 42 run victory.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Narborough A extended their lead at the top of Division Three to 27 points. Johnny Coe scored 103 and Danny Yeates-Cornwall 78 as they posted a total of 270 for 4 against Dereham B. David Cornwall then took 4 for 21 to secure victory by 167 runs.
Steven Grief scored 72 and Aaron Herbert an unbeaten 87 as Snettisham A scored 282 for 5. Dickie Sayers carried his bat for an unbeaten 91 as Dersingham A replied with 194 for 4.
Clive Parke scored 54 in Beeston's total of 152 all out against Mundford A. Matthew Cottrell took 5 for 13 to defend that score as the opposition were dismissed for 123.
Martyn Haylock took 6 for 21 for Gayton as they dismissed Castle Acre A for 48 in Division Four. Gayton duly completed a nine wicket victory to take over at the top. Gooderstone A scored 183 for 7 against Beeston A before Nicholas Morgan took 4 for 7 to secure victory by 111 runs. Holt's scheduled home fixture with Denver A fell victim to the weather.