More than 900 children from East Anglian schools take part in 2016 Cross-Country Championship at Gresham’s School in Holt
As well as a record turnout of pupils, the sun-kissed competition, now in its eleventh year, attracted a record number of schools.
Richard Brearley, organiser and Deputy Head of Gresham's Prep School said: 'It was terrific to see over 900 enthusiastic children compete in the 11th Gresham's Prep School Cross Country Championships.
'Forty schools from across East Anglia took part and there were some excellent performances. Everyone completed the course which is set around the woods and grounds of Gresham's School. We look forward to hosting the event again next year and hope to receive as good an entry.'
There were four races with a course of 1200 metres for the U9 boys and girls and a 1500 metre course for the U11 boys and girls. Competition was strong with new record times recorded in the U9 and U11 boys and the U9 girls races.
Elise Chen of Norwich High School, who won last year's U9 race and whose record of 4 minutes and 22 seconds remains unbeaten, won the U11 girls race in a phenomenal 6 minutes 27 seconds. Gresham's Prep pupil, Max Wilson won the U11 boys race in 6 minutes 9 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
A Gresham's Prep pupil also won the U9 girls race with Grace Littmoden completing the 1200 metre course in 4 minutes 25 seconds. Connor Gaskin of Buxton Primary School took first prize in the boys U9 race.
Prizes were awarded to all the winners during a presentation ceremony. The team prizes were presented as follows - U9 Boys: 1st, Gresham's Prep; 2nd, Bure Valley School; 3rd, Fakenham Junior School. U9 Girls: 1st, Coltishall Primary School; 2nd, The Old School, Henstead; 3rd, Notre Dame Prep School.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
U11 Boys: 1st, Gresham's Prep; 2nd, Fakenham Junior School; 3rd, Sheringham Community Primary School. U11 Girls: 1st, Coltishall Primary School; 2nd, Norwich High School; 3rd, Fakenham Junior School.