More success for Callum Taylor with England at Under-19 Cricket World Cup
- Credit: ICC
Callum Taylor's good form with the England Under-19s has continued after top scoring in a World Cup victory over West Indies in Bangladesh this morning.
The Norfolk and Swardeston big-hitter scored 59 from 67 balls, including three sixes, to help England to a second successive Pool C win.
The 18-year-old former Cromer High School pupil's Essex team-mate Dan Lawrence also scored a half century in the 61-run win in Chittagong, to keep England on course for the quarter-finals.
Lawrence followed his record-breaking 174 in the opening win against Fiji on Wednesday with 55 from 56 balls, and Taylor continued his impressive form with a knock of 59.
Norfolk CCC's youngest ever century maker had earlier in the week been unbeaten on 21 when England finished their innings against Fiji, in that huge 299-run win.
That added to scores of 36 from 51 balls in defeat to Bangladesh, 25 from 24 balls in a win over Namibia and top scoring with 78 in victory over South Africa in Dubai during England's pre-tournament preparations.
Earlier today England posted 282 for seven in their 50 overs against West indies after skipper Brad Taylor had won the toss and chosen to bat.
You may also want to watch:
Lancashire's Saqib Mahmood then took four wickets to help bowl their opponents out for 221 in 43.4 overs.
With Zimbabwe hammering Fiji in today's other game in Pool C, England may still need to win their remaining group game against Zimbabwe on Sunday to be sure of their quarter-final place. That match is being screened live on Sky Sports from 2.30am UK time.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
For more on Taylor's success, see tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press.