More success for Callum Taylor with England at Under-19 Cricket World Cup
- Credit: ICC
Callum Taylor's good form with the England Under-19s has continued after top scoring in a World Cup victory over West Indies in Bangladesh this morning.
The Norfolk and Swardeston big-hitter scored 59 from 67 balls, including three sixes, to help England to a second successive Pool C win.
The 18-year-old former Cromer High School pupil's Essex team-mate Dan Lawrence also scored a half century in the 61-run win in Chittagong, to keep England on course for the quarter-finals.
Lawrence followed his record-breaking 174 in the opening win against Fiji on Wednesday with 55 from 56 balls, and Taylor continued his impressive form with a knock of 59.
Norfolk CCC's youngest ever century maker had earlier in the week been unbeaten on 21 when England finished their innings against Fiji, in that huge 299-run win.
That added to scores of 36 from 51 balls in defeat to Bangladesh, 25 from 24 balls in a win over Namibia and top scoring with 78 in victory over South Africa in Dubai during England's pre-tournament preparations.
Earlier today England posted 282 for seven in their 50 overs against West indies after skipper Brad Taylor had won the toss and chosen to bat.
You may also want to watch:
Lancashire's Saqib Mahmood then took four wickets to help bowl their opponents out for 221 in 43.4 overs.
With Zimbabwe hammering Fiji in today's other game in Pool C, England may still need to win their remaining group game against Zimbabwe on Sunday to be sure of their quarter-final place. That match is being screened live on Sky Sports from 2.30am UK time.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
For more on Taylor's success, see tomorrow's Eastern Daily Press.