Mixed week for Norfolk Seniors as over 50s are beaten
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
It was a mixed week for the Norfolk Senior teams this past week.
The over 50s travelled to the Evershoult Cricket Club to take on a strong Beds team who, having won the toss, elected to bat and proceeded to obtain a very strong score of 277-2. In reply Norfolk struggled and were bowled out for 209 with captain Alan Lithins making 63.
The over 60s first team took on a strong Herts team at Old Buckenham and having won the toss made 205-5. Martin Pearse (60), Clive Bennett (59) and Peter Coote (47) were the main contributors. Herts replied with 206-3 winning with three overs to spare.
The over 60s second team played Beds at Mundford and having won the toss accumulated runs at a fast rate finishing with a good total of 246-4. This was made up of a splendid second wicket partnership of 148 by Geoff Roper(120) and Niel Wynn(56).This proved to be a winning score as tight fielding restricted Beds to 206-3.
The over 70s took on Essex at East Hanningfield and in a low scoring match beat Essex by 10 runs. Norfolk made 152-7 from their 45 overs and in their reply Essex managed 142-8 with skipper David Gale taking 4-29.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 6 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats