Mixed week for Norfolk Seniors as over 50s are beaten
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
It was a mixed week for the Norfolk Senior teams this past week.
The over 50s travelled to the Evershoult Cricket Club to take on a strong Beds team who, having won the toss, elected to bat and proceeded to obtain a very strong score of 277-2. In reply Norfolk struggled and were bowled out for 209 with captain Alan Lithins making 63.
The over 60s first team took on a strong Herts team at Old Buckenham and having won the toss made 205-5. Martin Pearse (60), Clive Bennett (59) and Peter Coote (47) were the main contributors. Herts replied with 206-3 winning with three overs to spare.
The over 60s second team played Beds at Mundford and having won the toss accumulated runs at a fast rate finishing with a good total of 246-4. This was made up of a splendid second wicket partnership of 148 by Geoff Roper(120) and Niel Wynn(56).This proved to be a winning score as tight fielding restricted Beds to 206-3.
The over 70s took on Essex at East Hanningfield and in a low scoring match beat Essex by 10 runs. Norfolk made 152-7 from their 45 overs and in their reply Essex managed 142-8 with skipper David Gale taking 4-29.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?