Mixed debut for Norfolk rider James Clarke in No Limits season opener at Snetterton
- Credit: Archant
Riders made full use of the glorious sunshine at the No Limits season opener event at Snetterton with some fine racing.
James Clarke, 23, from Blofield, made his race debut in the Metzeler Newcomers 600 class on his Honda 600 on the Saturday, but after qualifying well he crashed while in a good position.
Clarke was 34th on the grid for his second race and managed to finish in 15th place – but better was waiting the following day.
After qualifying in 12th position for his first race he made a good start, only for the safety car to be brought out for two laps and then, after he made his way up the field into seventh position, the race was red flagged, ending his progress through the field.
His second race on Sunday was almost a repeat of the first when he had made it into fifth place and was challenging for a possible podium when the safety car was deployed yet again – only for the red flag to come out just as they started racing again.
You may also want to watch:
The race was re-run as a five-lap dash and because they used the original grid positions there was no time to repeat his previous efforts and he finished in seventh again.
Davin Casey from Diss was in the same race and had a bit of a torrid weekend on his Yamaha 600 – he said he was struggling a bit after the winter lay-off.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
In the Metzeler Newcomers 1000 class, Matt Stone from Thetford was having his first race on his Suzuki 1000 and had a steady weekend getting used to the bike.
The feature race for the weekend was the three-hour No Limits Endurance race which was won by Team MBM riders Michael Richie, Paul Smith and Michael Stansfield.
Second place went to The Muppets Team with Ian and Dan Wagstaff standing in for Kermit and Gonzo.