MG Trophy honours will be settled at Snetterton meeting
- Credit: Archant
The MG Car Club finals meeting takes place this weekend at Snetterton, culminating in the 4 Hour Classic Relay Race.
The MG Trophy is the headline series which will again be decided at the Norfolk venue over two rounds, with Matt Turnbull leading the series by 12 points from Scottish racer Paul Luti.
With both racing in different classes Luti will need help from Turnbull's category rival Andy Spencer, to take points away from the series leader, and allow him to challenge for the title.
In the multi class Peter Best MG Championship, Allan Brooke defends a nine-point advantage over Richard Buckley for outright honours while both have significant advantages over their Class C and B opponents. However, the Class A battle will not be finished until the chequered flag with just two points separating Josh Wright and Darren Harris.
Mike Williams, Andrew Ashton and Jack Ashton are the three main contestants in the Drayton Manor MG Metro Cup ensuring a close fought contest in the final two rounds with all to play for in the title hunt.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Collier will need a great deal of good fortune if he is to prevent Paul Camfield taking the Midget Challenge title at Snetterton while the current leader would need a nightmare of an event to allow his rival to grab the crown.
In the MG BCV8 series Ian Prior and James Wheeler will renew their battle from the previous round at Oulton Park with each tasting victory while Russell McCarthy, who has a long history of winning at the Norfolk venue, hopes to spoil their party.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
The Morgan Challenge series adds a little variety to the programme with Keith Ahlers, a firm Snetterton favourite, odds on to secure another series victory while Elliot Paterson and Philip Tisdall go head to head for the title.
To complete the weekend's action, 16 teams contest the Relay Race with the mainly Lotus Elise team of Matthew Bentley Racing looking strong contenders, as do the Morgan Plus 8 Techniques Tigers squad.
The first race gets underway on Saturday at 12.45pm with Sunday's action starting from 9am.