Men’s East Conference: Harleston Magpies make their point in 2-2 draw at Brighton
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies made the long journey to Brighton and returned home with a hard-earned point – although it should really have been all three.
The opening exchanges saw both sides take a cautious approach before Brighton took took the lead after a fortunate deflection of Leigh Sitch.
Magpies still looked the better side, having numerous counter- attacking opportunities, and after a number of near misses man-of-the-match Toby Price converted after a rebound off the 'keeper. The visitors continued to make hard work of it and conceded a second goal before half-time while good work from John Livings and his corner defence team ensured Brighton didn't stretch their lead.
Magpies entered the second half with the belief they could get something out of the game and despite a few nervy minutes they were soon back on level terms.
Andy Hipwell converted a cross from Price on the right-hand side, after taking several touches to steady himself.
You may also want to watch:
From then it was all Magpies. Chance after chance came and went and they were just unable to find that third goal.
Injuries and ill-discipline didn't help their cause and when the hosts went down to nine themselves near the end Magpies were unable to take advantage.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
The final whistle blew with the score at 2-2, but Harleston came off feeling this was two points lost as Brighton were definitely there for the taking.