Men’s East Conference: Harleston Magpies make their point in 2-2 draw at Brighton
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies made the long journey to Brighton and returned home with a hard-earned point – although it should really have been all three.
The opening exchanges saw both sides take a cautious approach before Brighton took took the lead after a fortunate deflection of Leigh Sitch.
Magpies still looked the better side, having numerous counter- attacking opportunities, and after a number of near misses man-of-the-match Toby Price converted after a rebound off the 'keeper. The visitors continued to make hard work of it and conceded a second goal before half-time while good work from John Livings and his corner defence team ensured Brighton didn't stretch their lead.
Magpies entered the second half with the belief they could get something out of the game and despite a few nervy minutes they were soon back on level terms.
Andy Hipwell converted a cross from Price on the right-hand side, after taking several touches to steady himself.
You may also want to watch:
From then it was all Magpies. Chance after chance came and went and they were just unable to find that third goal.
Injuries and ill-discipline didn't help their cause and when the hosts went down to nine themselves near the end Magpies were unable to take advantage.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
The final whistle blew with the score at 2-2, but Harleston came off feeling this was two points lost as Brighton were definitely there for the taking.