Meeting off after storm hits King’s Lynn Stars’ stadium
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Stars will not host the Lakeside Hammers tonight due to electrical problems at the Norfolk Arena.
A thunderstorm during a private function at the Saddlebow Road stadium across the weekend blew a host of appliances, including lights on the back straight.
Electricians were working up until about 5.30pm yesterday to rectify the problem but owner Buster Chapman decided to postpone the fixture after they failed to find a solution.
He said: 'I decided to err on the side of caution as something's been blown underneath the track.
'I couldn't take the risk of waiting until tomorrow, letting everybody start travelling here, and possibly not finding what was wrong. We're probably going to have to dig the track too.
You may also want to watch:
'The best decision was to call it off early on health and safety grounds and cancel the night's event.'
A rescheduled date will now have to be found for the fixture between Lynn, sixth, and fourth-placed Lakeside Hammers, both of whom harbour play-off ambitions
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 10 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'