Mattishall upset league leaders with superb display
Mattishall upset Premier Division leaders Acle United with a superb performance on Saturday.
Goals from Jake Anema (two), George Watts-Sturrock, Chris Halls and an own goal gave Mattishall a 5-1 win – Acle's sole reply coming from Oliver Savage. Second-placed Blofield United were unable to take advantage as they lost 3-1 to Dersingham Rovers – Paul English, Thomas Anderson and Lewis Curson getting the goals.
Goals from Adam Ferguson, Daniel Barraclough, Matthew Elwin and an own goal gave Spixworth a 4-0 win over Wymondham Town, to close the gap. Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves are close behind with a 3-0 win at Loddon United – Michael Tacon, Kaiden Goldspink and Lewis Flower getting on the scoresheet. Adam Plumstead scored for St Andrews as they lost 2-1 to Reepham Town, both their goals came from Andrew Hanby.
A goal from Brady Ledain and an own goal gave Norwich CEYMS a 2-1 win over Cromer Town, to end their recent good run, with Kieran Patel replying. Caister beat Beccles Town 2-0, with Jamie Long getting both goals.
In Division One, leaders Long Stratton lost 1-0 to Hindringham thanks to Darren West's goal.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston Town closed the gap with a 2-0 win at Stalham Town, whilst North Walsham Town beat Corton 4-0, scorers Daniel Crosby (2), Lewis Smith and Dale Wilton.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency