Matt marks return with a cup goal
LEISTON 0, LOWESTOFT TOWN 2: Matt Nolan marked his first start of the season for Lowestoft by putting them on their way to a Suffolk Premier Cup victory at Leiston.
But he made his first team return as one of six changes to the Lowestoft starting-up for a tricky cup test against a Leiston team going well in both Ridgeons League and FA Cup.
And he celebrated by putting the Blues in front on the hour mark by converting a penalty after David Head had handled in the area.
That completed a, literally, dark and pivotal period for the host team as they had been reduced to ten-men by the dismissal of Danny Cunningham for a reckless challenge on David Chick, immediately before a floodlight failure which forced the players off the field for 15 minutes.
As soon as play resumed Leiston switfly found themselves not only a man short, but a goal down.
You may also want to watch:
There was no way back: Jamie Godbold and Nolan combined for Scott Mitchell to clip the bar and, in the 77th minute, Jamie Forshaw found Godbold to set-up former Canaries star Adrian Forbes for the second goal which killed the contest and ensured Lowestoft's passage into the quarter-finals.
On Saturday Lowestoft have another Suffolk derby when they go to Needham Market in the FA Trophy.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country