March Town United make daunting trip to league leaders Halstead Town
March Town United boss Paul Crosbie has backed his side to give leaders Halstead Town a run for their money tomorrow after the Hares ended their horror run on Saturday.
The Hares had lost their previous four games, conceding 15 goals, but they battled hard to earn a 1-1 draw with Debenham LC at the GER on Saturday. Toby Ogbonna put March in front after 52 minutes but they were pegged back 20 minutes from time.
Crosbie said: 'It was a decent result which arrested our run of defeats. On balance, I think a draw was fair.
'In the last 10 minutes we were in control but we made the wrong decisions over when to shoot or run with the ball. But we were never under extreme pressure and it is difficult to be critical of the players because their attitude was spot on.'
Crosbie was pleased to welcome back Ogbonna to the side for the first time since August.
He said: 'He does not appreciate how good he could be. He has all the attributes to be a monster at this level.
'It has been hard for him to commit since he lives in Cambridge but he has made a real effort to get to training. We just need to work to his strengths. Just because he is quick does not mean he does not like the ball to his feet.'
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
Crosbie acknowledges Thurlow Nunn First Division leaders Halstead will be a daunting proposition on their own patch.
He said: 'We played them last year and lost twice. The first time they had three chances and scored three goals and we met at the GER while the club was going through a bad spell and got hammered. They will be a tough, strong and quick side but if we set ourselves up properly and go there with the right attitude we have the capability to perform well.'