Maldon & Tiptree 4, Wroxham 0
Wroxham's five-game unbeaten run was ended by league leaders Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday.
The Yachtsmen named an unchanged side to the one which beat Heybridge Swifts 3-0 in midweek and for the first 20 minutes there was little between the two sides, with neither team creating any real opportunities.
But on 21 minutes the hosts opened the scoring. Wroxham conceded a corner which they were unable to clear and the ball fell to Billy Sendall on the edge of the area. He turned inside a Wroxham defender before drilling a low shot from 18 yards across Remi Matthews and in to the bottom left hand corner.
Wroxham's Gavin Lemmon forced a good save from the Maldon keeper, while at the other end Matthews saved well from James Robinson and then saw the same player shoot just wide.
Maldon & Tiptree increased their lead on 52 minutes as Robinson drilled a low shot past Matthews.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham had their best opportunity to get back into the game five minutes later, but from Matt Halliday's cross, Andy Eastaugh headed just over.
Matt Blake had another effort for the visitors saved, but Maldon added a third on 63 minutes, as a mistake by Martin McNeil allowed Jamie Guy to round Matthews and score.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
Eastaugh was unable to guide Lemmon's cross into the back of the net as Wroxham again threatened and striker Jamie Forshaw had an effort blocked by the keeper, with Blake unable to turn the rebound home.
The hosts went on to score their fourth goal on 88 minutes, Guy notching his second with a powerful header.
• Wroxham: Matthews, Halliday, Gordon, Carus (Self 68), McNeil, Eastaugh (Smith 73), Durrant (Finch 58), Lemmon, Blake, Forshaw, Harrop. Subs not used: Hilton, Marsden.
• Maldon & Tiptree: Wright, Sendall, Durrant, Berquez, Golby, Everett, Robinson (Bradbury 73), Glowacki, Guy, Bryan (Wareham 68), Joe Gardner (Pavett 85). Subs not used: Jack Gardner, Best.
• Goals: Sendall (21), Robinson (52), Guy (63, 88).
• Referee: K Yeo
• Attendance: 75