Maldon & Tiptree 4, Wroxham 0
Wroxham's five-game unbeaten run was ended by league leaders Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday.
The Yachtsmen named an unchanged side to the one which beat Heybridge Swifts 3-0 in midweek and for the first 20 minutes there was little between the two sides, with neither team creating any real opportunities.
But on 21 minutes the hosts opened the scoring. Wroxham conceded a corner which they were unable to clear and the ball fell to Billy Sendall on the edge of the area. He turned inside a Wroxham defender before drilling a low shot from 18 yards across Remi Matthews and in to the bottom left hand corner.
Wroxham's Gavin Lemmon forced a good save from the Maldon keeper, while at the other end Matthews saved well from James Robinson and then saw the same player shoot just wide.
Maldon & Tiptree increased their lead on 52 minutes as Robinson drilled a low shot past Matthews.
Wroxham had their best opportunity to get back into the game five minutes later, but from Matt Halliday's cross, Andy Eastaugh headed just over.
Matt Blake had another effort for the visitors saved, but Maldon added a third on 63 minutes, as a mistake by Martin McNeil allowed Jamie Guy to round Matthews and score.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
Eastaugh was unable to guide Lemmon's cross into the back of the net as Wroxham again threatened and striker Jamie Forshaw had an effort blocked by the keeper, with Blake unable to turn the rebound home.
The hosts went on to score their fourth goal on 88 minutes, Guy notching his second with a powerful header.
• Wroxham: Matthews, Halliday, Gordon, Carus (Self 68), McNeil, Eastaugh (Smith 73), Durrant (Finch 58), Lemmon, Blake, Forshaw, Harrop. Subs not used: Hilton, Marsden.
• Maldon & Tiptree: Wright, Sendall, Durrant, Berquez, Golby, Everett, Robinson (Bradbury 73), Glowacki, Guy, Bryan (Wareham 68), Joe Gardner (Pavett 85). Subs not used: Jack Gardner, Best.
• Goals: Sendall (21), Robinson (52), Guy (63, 88).
• Referee: K Yeo
• Attendance: 75