Magpies want better showing in FA Vase
Dereham aim to bounce back from midweek FA Cup disappointment in today's FA Vase first qualifying round tie at Stowmarket.Magpies' boss Robert Taylor is without striker Robbie Harris (foot).
Dereham aim to bounce back from midweek FA Cup disappointment in today's FA Vase first qualifying round tie at Stowmarket.
Magpies' boss Robert Taylor is without striker Robbie Harris (foot). Town trio Sam Willis, Simon Mann and Andy Moody will undergo late fitness tests.
Striker Steve Wright could be in line for a start after a late second half cameo in Town's midweek Aldiss Park cup exit to Deeping Rangers.
Norwich United host UCL outfit Huntingdon. New signing Kelvin Nakuru is unavailable.
Wisbech co-boss Ian Jones is backing his young squad to prove their mettle in a Ridgeons Premier encounter against Ipswich Wanderers at Fenland Park.
Town have so far picked up a solitary point this season in a battling derby day display at home to King's Lynn Reserves.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 5 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 8 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 9 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
- 10 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
"The lads have shown that they can play and compete," said Jones.
"At the moment they seem to be suffering from nerves and have a lack of confidence so it is up to me to address that. I am not going to panic yet. We have some very tough games in September and I am looking for the players to show me what they are capable of. I am convinced that we have some of the best local footballers, but at the end of the month, I will re-assess the situation and decide whether we need to strengthen the squad with new signings."
Jason Pease is out after dislocating a toe. Mark Jimson and Wayne Morton remain on the sidelines. Kirkley & Pakefield bid to maintain their unbeaten away run at Felixstowe & Walton. Midfielder Ricci Butler (ankle ligaments) is a major doubt. Injured duo Karl Chenery and Alan Remblance are both ruled out.
Swaffham are poised to draft defender Dave Greenwood into the squad for the trip to Soham Town. Striker Gavin Norman is unavailable.
Great Yarmouth boss Nick Banham takes a depleted squad to Whitton in Division One. Lee Perry, James Underhill, Tommy Hurd, Damian Didwell, Will Lewis and Bobby Hill miss the trip. Jody Harrison returns but Robbie Oldham (glandular fever) is set for a lengthy