Magpies’ big test
MEN'S EAST CONFERENCE: Harleston Magpies entertain Old Loughtonians on Sunday following their week's break from league hockey.
Magpies will be aiming to build on their emphatic 4-1 win at St Albans in their previous game but know it will not be easy.
While St Albans were new to the league, and were young and inexperienced, this week's opposition will pose a different threat.
The Essex side lost the chance to be promoted on the final day of last season after they had led the table for most of the campaign. This season their form has been somewhat mixed and they are one point below Magpies.
However, their mix of youth and experience is likely to pose a big threat. Harry Martin following his English debut in Delhi, is likely to be in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
For Magpies, Stuart Leate returns to the squad following two games in the seconds.
Squad: R Harms, D Ling (capt), A Hipwell, Tn Baynes, M Wheelhouse, S Hipwell, T Tibbenham, C Sitch, W Martin, D Graves, R Gill, G Furlong, J Fanger, P Bale, S Leate, J Legg, C Callinan.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre