Magpies’ big test
MEN'S EAST CONFERENCE: Harleston Magpies entertain Old Loughtonians on Sunday following their week's break from league hockey.
Magpies will be aiming to build on their emphatic 4-1 win at St Albans in their previous game but know it will not be easy.
While St Albans were new to the league, and were young and inexperienced, this week's opposition will pose a different threat.
The Essex side lost the chance to be promoted on the final day of last season after they had led the table for most of the campaign. This season their form has been somewhat mixed and they are one point below Magpies.
However, their mix of youth and experience is likely to pose a big threat. Harry Martin following his English debut in Delhi, is likely to be in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
For Magpies, Stuart Leate returns to the squad following two games in the seconds.
Squad: R Harms, D Ling (capt), A Hipwell, Tn Baynes, M Wheelhouse, S Hipwell, T Tibbenham, C Sitch, W Martin, D Graves, R Gill, G Furlong, J Fanger, P Bale, S Leate, J Legg, C Callinan.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace