Magpies beaten are being two up at break
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies let a two-goal slip as they crashed to a 3-2 home defeat at the hands of lowly Ipswich in Premier A of the East League.
A superb start from Magpies, who were without a number of key players, saw them score within the first minute through Richard Larkin.
Magpies then added a second before the break when Ben Wright converted a short corner but it was a different story in the second half. With the game in their grasp Harleston struggled with fitness and numbers and Ipswich scored two unstoppable drag flicks and a clinical deflection off the keeper's pads to leave the hosts shell shocked.
Dereham also tasted defeat, going down 2-0 at Letchworth. The visitors looked solid at the back in the first half and showed promise going forward through the pace of Mike Timm and Will Edwards but were unable to find a way through. In the second half Dereham continued to carve out opportunities - but it was the hosts who took their chances.
Norwich City slipped three points behind leaders City of Peterborough II in Premier B when they were held to a 2-2 draw by visitors Havering.
You may also want to watch:
City made a low-key start before Havering, who didn't create much themselves, sudden took a couple of opportunities to go 2-0 up.
Just before half-time David Skinner pulled one back with a swept reverse stick shot.
- 1 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 8 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
Norwich began to pile on the pressure in the second half as the visitors attempted to shut up shop and an equaliser finally arrived when Ed Sutton drove into the D and buried a low drive into the far left corner.
Norwich City II boosted their bid to pull away from the relegation zone in Division One when they won 1-2 at bottom side City of Peterborough III thanks to goals from Tom Cox and Dan Cheesman.
As a result they moved above Harleston Magpies II, who were beaten 4-0 at East London.
Norwich Dragons went three points clear at the top of Division 2NE when they beat visitors Pelicans 2-1. In the same section Norwich City III beat Ipswich and East Suffolk 11 2-0 (Matthew Brine, Chris Perry). Harleston Magpies are through to the second round of England Hockey's Mixed Trophy after winning 2-1 at Bedford 2-1 (Laura Tibbenham 2).