Mad March Hare 10K: Double delight for Bure Valley Harriers pair Walford and Hales
- Credit: Archant
Bure Valley Harriers Scott Walford took first place at the Mad March Hare 10K on Sunday at Scottow Enterprise Park.
Walford mastered the windy conditions, leading the 430 runners home with many using the Coltishall Jaguars event to get over the disappointment of seeing their targeted races postponed or cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Walford, who was due to run for England at V45 level at the Fleet Half Marathon this weekend before its postponement, was first over the line in 34:50.
Norwich Road Runners' John Hudson continued his fine form with second place in 36:12 with Connor Braithwaite (Tyne Bridge Harriers) third in 37:20.
Autumn Hales, who represented Norfolk at the Inter Counties Cross Country Championships last weekend, made it a Bure Valley Harriers double victory as she won the women's event in 39:41.
You may also want to watch:
Leanne Finch was second in 40:10 with Annie Schwick third in 45:20.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park