Lyon moves upstairs in reshuffle at King’s Lynn
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars have announced a reshuffle among its hierarchy, with Rob Lyon leaving his role as manager to step upstairs and help run the club.
The club says more details of the changes will be announced shortly, but have confirmed Lyon will be in charge of day-to-day business.
Current chief Keith Chapman will now focus on his role as chairman of British Speedway, but will work closely with Lyon.
'This is the right time for me to take on a new challenge,' said Lyon. 'I'm delighted to have this opportunity and I believe it suits all parties at King's Lynn Speedway. I make no apologies when I say I was looking for a new challenge after some wonderful years with the King's Lynn team. This role means I stay at the club and I'm even more involved. It's great to be able to play my part in taking the club forward and it's nice to help Buster like this with everything he has on his plate right now.
'I will be representing the club when it comes to British Speedway Promoters' Association business and basically this is an extension of what I've been doing anyway. We are already making progress with the team, the riders have been great and we will be making an announcement regarding our first signing within the next few days.'
You may also want to watch:
Lynn owner Chapman said: 'I'm pleased Rob has taken on this new role and I look forward to working with him. He has the time, enthusiasm and determination to succeed. I'm so busy with everything else right now that this is the right move for the club.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate