Lynnsport return to top after home win
Lynnsport A have gone back to the top of Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League.
The west Norfolk side won at home to Norfolk BC A by 76 shots to 69. Stephen Winter's rink with a 30-9 victory gained the top rink honours.
County Arts A won away at Gallow A by 102 shots to 71, Philip Barr's rink winning 29-17, to go third in the table, whilst Pentney A are now up to fourth place after they won at home to Wymondham A by 77 shots to 68, despite the away rink skipped by James Austin winning 30-16.
In Division Two, Acle B beat Hunstanton by 95 shots to 68, Ray Meeks' rink winning 28-11.
Browston A won their first match of the season, coming out on top at home to Dereham A by 105 shots to 40.
You may also want to watch:
Top rink honours were shared by the home rinks, skipped by Pat Morris (29-9) and Dennis Pratt (28-8).
Pinewood Park A won at home to Old Hall by 82 shots to 72, with their rink skipped by David Perry winning 29-15.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
Lynnsport B went to the top of Division Three (North) after they won away at Norfolk BC C by 81 shots to 75, Mike Moseley's rink winning for them 27-12.
North Walsham are now second following their win at home to Roundwood B by 138 shots to 47, Tony Elvin's rink top scoring 43-4.
County Arts C beat Gallow B at home by 86 shots to 78, their rink skipped by Mick Sadd winning 37-10.
County Arts B strengthened their position at the top of Division Three (Central) after winning Dereham B by 87 shots to 76, their rink skipped by Keith Edgar winning 32-17.
Beccles went top of Division Three (South) after they won at home to Shotford B by 113 shots to 41, their rink skipped by David Wood top scoring 44-5.
Great Yarmouth gained their first victory of the season with an 84 shot to 75 win at home to Browston B, their rink skipped by David Mann winning 32-9.
Next weekend Norfolk's clubs will be playing in the second round of the Denny Cup and the first round of the Denny Plate.
Denny Cup: County Arts v Pinewood Park, Gallow v Norfolk BC, Beccles v Diss, North Walsham v Shotford, Wisbech v Lynnsport.
Denny Plate: Lakeside v Dereham, Wymondham Dell v Roundwood, Acle v Lowestoft, Ross Peers v Pentney.
In the latest match in the Norfolk CIBA Top Ten League reigning champions Acle beat Pentney 99-67.