Lynn water keeps carp men happy
CHRIS BISHOP Shepherd's Port is still fishing its socks off, kicking off the new campaign on a high note for King's Lynn AA.Nets to 50lbs achieveable on most pegs on the busy Bear Lake, if carp, carp and more carp is what floats your boat.
Shepherd's Port is still fishing its socks off, kicking off the new campaign on a high note for King's Lynn AA.
Nets to 50lbs achieveable on most pegs on the busy Bear Lake, if carp, carp and more carp is what floats your boat.
Float with a smelly paste bait and loose fed pellet is the word from the wise up there, with evening sessions definitely worth a go.
You may also want to watch:
Shepherd's lake for mixed bags of silvers with a few better fish showing, Stanton's still producing better bream with fish to 6lbs-plus out on feeder tactics.
Ken Hill Marsh producing roach and rudd on tares, flake and wheat. Tench starting to show in the margins as the water warms.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Kings Lynn juniors picked up 2 individual placings in the final of the East Coast Winter League at Decoy.
Steven Hillman finished second overall and Tom Cockle came fourth overall, while the gold team of Kayleigh Williams, Tom Cockle, Kirsty Reed, and Sophie Williams finished the league in second place only to be beaten by a strong Boston team.
On the day Martin Jenner (kings lynn blue) finished a galliant 3rd place whilst Steven Hilman (kings lynn blue) secured a section win to gain himself a 2nd place overall .The juniors of klaa picked up 9 section wins and 5 placings in the course of the seven match series this being an excellant achievement by the youngsters of lynn.
Dredging of sorts due in the tidal Ouse around Salter's Lode and Stow Bridge, where siltation has left the bed of the river up to a metre higher than it should be.
The object of the exercise is to enable boats to get to an inland waterways festival. It begs the question why similar work can not be carried out to improve fisheries - notably to enable Denver Sluice to operate normally.