‘He’s a dream for a manager’ – King’s Lynn hand Ipswich academy graduate two-year contract
Ipswich Town academy product Aaron Jones has signed a two-year contract with King's Lynn Town.
The right-back made his full debut during Saturday's 1-0 win at Tamworth which got the Southern Premier Division Central campaign up and running for Simon Clark's side.
Originally from Yarmouth, the 24-year-old spent 10 years with Town's academy before playing in the college system in the USA, for Georgia State Panthers and Clemson Tigers.
He was picked by Major League Soccer side Philadelphia Union in the 2017 draft but only played in the second-tier United Soccer League, making 28 appearances for Bethlehem Steel.
With the Linnets claiming they beat league rivals Lowestoft, Leiston and Needham Market to the signing, manager Clark said: 'Aaron is a good age and is really fit. He is a real competitor, listens to what you want to do and is able to deliver it.
You may also want to watch:
'He's a dream for a manager and the other players enjoying playing with him. He was desperate to play on Saturday and that's testament to him.
'I had no worries that he'd be able to handle the pressure at Tamworth and he is only going to get better.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford