‘He’s a dream for a manager’ – King’s Lynn hand Ipswich academy graduate two-year contract
Ipswich Town academy product Aaron Jones has signed a two-year contract with King's Lynn Town.
The right-back made his full debut during Saturday's 1-0 win at Tamworth which got the Southern Premier Division Central campaign up and running for Simon Clark's side.
Originally from Yarmouth, the 24-year-old spent 10 years with Town's academy before playing in the college system in the USA, for Georgia State Panthers and Clemson Tigers.
He was picked by Major League Soccer side Philadelphia Union in the 2017 draft but only played in the second-tier United Soccer League, making 28 appearances for Bethlehem Steel.
With the Linnets claiming they beat league rivals Lowestoft, Leiston and Needham Market to the signing, manager Clark said: 'Aaron is a good age and is really fit. He is a real competitor, listens to what you want to do and is able to deliver it.
You may also want to watch:
'He's a dream for a manager and the other players enjoying playing with him. He was desperate to play on Saturday and that's testament to him.
'I had no worries that he'd be able to handle the pressure at Tamworth and he is only going to get better.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears