Lucas Fettes Norfolk League: Great Yarmouth move closer to leaders Rollesby
A century partnership between Simon Ruddick and Graham Doggett helped Great Yarmouth seal a six-wicket win against Vauxhall Mallards B to move closer to Division One leaders Rollesby.
Ruddick made 75 and Doggett added 65 as Yarmouth jumped up to second, with Rollesby's game at Ketteringham Hall wiped out by the weather.
East Harling, who started the day in second, suffered a surprise five-wicket defeat at home to Drayton.
Harling skipper Barry Wells made 42, but his side were restricted to a low score by opposing captain Phil Soanes (four for 39). Philip Wright (37) top scored for Drayton as they won with two overs to spare.
Captain Alex Sayer took five for 21 and hit an unbeaten 47 as Martham continued their march towards the Division Two title with a nine-wicket win at home to Hales & Loddon A. Louis Smith also made 44 as the hosts reached their 108 target in the 18th over.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Silvester made 49no as Costessey held on to second spot with an eight-wicket win at Felthorpe.
Adam Dismore fired 115no as third-placed Horsford B beat Aylsham St Giles by 51 runs.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
Hingham's promotion challenge in Division Three gathered pace with two outstanding performances in their 128-run win at Drayton A. Travis Butcher made 102no and Dale Weston followed up with figures of five for 29.
In Division Four, skipper Graeme Talbot (47) led Blundeston to a six-wicket win over Norwich Bystanders A, while Old Catton A's Barry Bailey claimed four for 13 in a seven-wicket win against Winterton A.
Julian Dismore (52) and Graham Robinson (three for 39) were the stars of Felthorpe A's 12-run win at Rocklands A in Division Five.
Brisley's Steve Kay took five for 22 and R Steele hit 64 in a 117-run win at Happisburgh A in Division Six.