Lucas Fettes Norfolk League: Cringleford Lodge ease concerns
Cringleford Lodge moved clear of trouble at the foot of the table with a six-wicket win over Sprowston B in the only Division One match to go ahead on Saturday.
Ross Bilham and Jimmy Wright both hit half-centuries for Cringleford.
Only one match survived in Division Two as Horsford B beat Happisburgh by 34 runs.
Ben Collinson (47) and Henry Eades (three for five) were Horsford's top performers.
In Division Three, Tim Porter scored 64 for Bungay A, but Tim Beeden responded with 74 to lead Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers B to a five-wicket win.
Eaton romped to a nine-wicket win over Hemsby after bowling the visitors out for 65, with Dom Clark taking four for four.
Blundeston won by four wickets at Great Yarmouth A as Martin Talbot (39no) steered them home in the 35th over. Earlier, Yarmouth skipper Keith Nicholls hit 86 including 12 fours and a six, but the rest of his side struggled against Harry Bamber (four for 24).
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 5 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
In Division Five, Felthorpe A and New Buckenham gained an extra two points each for completing a reduced overs contest.
Felthorpe won the 35-over match by 32 runs.
Horsford C swept to a nine-wicket win over Happisburgh A in the only other completed match, in Division Six.
• The league committee wishes to remind clubs to report matches with no result to results secretaries in the usual manner. Away sides should also phone in Spirit of Cricket scores.