Lucas Fettes Norfolk League: Champions Rollesby beaten by Ketteringham Hall on opening day
Reigning league champions Rollesby suffered an opening day defeat at the hands of Ketteringham Hall.
Alex Chaney made 63 for Rollesby, who have won the title in each of the last two seasons, but Hall skipper Mark Smith (53) and Robert Smith (85no) helped their side achieve a five-wicket win with an over to spare.
Also in Division One, a second wicket partnership of 160 between Warren Green (74no) and Elliott Brown (79) helped Vauxhall Mallards B overcome Horsford B by eight wickets.
In Division Two, Drayton openers Andy Hawes (116) and James Reeve (72no) gave their side a flying start on their way to a 78-run win at Great Melton B. It was Hawes' maiden century.
Tom Rowson marked his return to cricket after a two-year break with a half-century, five wickets and a run out just for good measure as Hales & Loddon A opened their Division Three campaign with an 81-run win at Ashmanhaugh and Barton Wanderers B.
The new team captain top scored with 59, while Bradley Penton claimed four for 68 for the hosts. John Buttifant hit 40 in the Wanderers reply, with spinner Rowson returning figures of five for 35 from 12 overs.
Bungay A won by nine wickets at Eaton after half-centuries from Tony Chang (76) and Tim Porter (75no).
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 7 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 10 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows
Kevin Ross blasted 164 and Ross Sandford added 60 as Old Buckenham B crushed Great Yarmouth A by 202 runs. Joe Durrant took four for 65 for Yarmouth and Bucks' John Lund bagged four for eight.
Ed Maule made 94no for North Elmham as they beat Felthorpe A by 78 runs in Division Five.
James Nash hammered an unbeaten 119 to guide Brisley to a 10-wicket win against Blundeston A in Division Six.
Two 12-year-olds stole the show for Great Witchingham B in their five-wicket Division Seven win against Martham A.
Flynn Drinkell hit 42no, before Charlie Rogers sealed the win with incredible figures of six for five from a 4.2 over spell.
n Clubs are asked to notify results secretaries of notable performances.
n The number for supplying results in Divisions One and Two is 01603 415068.