Lowestoft & Yarmouth 30, Chelmsford 13
L&Y won a hard-fought encounter against mid-table rivals Chelmsford in front of a large crowd at Gunton Park.
After a scoreless opening 20 minutes, lock Aaron Trindall's break led to a first penalty for Tiueti. Tom Castleton and Marc Thomas then combined to set up Scott Nelson for the first try, which Tiueti converted.
He added another conversion on 35 minutes after Castleton's try, which came in spite of Ryan Oakes being in the sin bin.
Just before the break, the Chelmsford fly-half burst through and sent his prop on a free run to the line for an unconverted reply and a half time 17-5 scoreline.
Chris Howe and Brad Sutherland worked enough room for winger Daniel Boardley to skip out of a tackle and race away to the line. Tiueti missed the conversion but added a penalty, then Chelmsford replied with another try. Although the visiting kicker missed the conversion he soon added a penalty after a harsh sin-binning for L&Y's captain Thomas at the breakdown.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, despite being a man down, L&Y improved their lead with an unconverted try for Josh Fewkes.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument