Lowestoft Town striker will come good – Gallagher
Lowestoft Town joint boss Ady Gallagher believes Nathan Stone is ready to make a big impact at Crown Meadow next season.
The 27-year-old striker struggled for form and fitness after signing from Leiston in February but with a good pre-season campaign under his belt, Gallagher is confident Stone will rediscover his best form.
'I think we got glimpses towards the end of the season of what Nathan is capable of,' he said. 'Every time he has gone up a level in his career he has responded and I don't expect this to be any different.
'It's hard coming to your hometown club and it can take a bit of time to adjust. It took Hendo (Chris Henderson) a bit of time last season but his form in the second half of the season was well worth the wait.
'I think the few months he had with us will stand him in good stead and he will be ready to make a real contribution for us next season.'
You may also want to watch:
Stone will be fighting for a starting place up front alongside the likes of Chris Henderson, Michael Frew and new signing Jack Defty and Gallagher is pleased with how the Blues jigsaw is falling into place as the club picks up the pieces from last season's play-off defeat.
Danny Cunningham has also signed from Bury Town to strengthen the midfield and Gallagher revealed the club has now targeted reinforcements to its defence ahead of the new season after Sam Gaughran's departure.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 8 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
'We're looking to bring in a centre half and a right back and we're making progress on both those fronts,' he added.
'All the signings that we've wanted, we've got so far. Hopefully, we will have some more news in the near future for fans but we're always reluctant to confirm anything until the player has signed on the dotted line.
'You have to be patient at this time because players are fully entitled to see what their options are but we are confident we will have everyone in place for the start of the season.'