Lowestoft Town quartet head for exit at Crown Meadow
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Lowestoft Town have refused to break their wage structure after four senior players left Crown Meadow.
Ashlee Jones and Curtis Haynes-Brown, two stalwarts of the club's promotion campaign in the 2013/14 season, have rejected new deals and left the Trawlerboys.
Dawid Radomski has also sought pastures new, signing for Dereham Town, whilst Omar Sowunmi has earned a professional deal with League Two Yeovil Town.
The Blues have moved to secure the futures of Bradley Woods-Garness and Dean Mason with the Montserrat internationals both signing new contracts alongside Jack Ainsley, who signed a two-year deal earlier this summer.
But it is the departures of Jones and Haynes-Brown that will concern some Lowestoft fans, who face the prospect of following their team in National League North, formerly Conference North, next season.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft offered the pair new deals but an agreement couldn't be reached.
A club statement on their website said: 'The club and manager, Ady Gallagher have worked hard to offer fair deals and terms of employment to out of contract goalkeeper Ashlee Jones and defender Curtis Haynes-Brown.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 10 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
'However, an agreement could not be sorted and with Lowestoft Town not wishing to deter from their budgetary restraints, wage structure and expectations; both of these players have now left the club.
'Both Ashlee Jones and Curtis Haynes-Brown have played a big part in the success of the blues in recent times and in their promotion to the National League Conference North. Ady Gallagher and everyone involved at Lowestoft Town Football Club would like to say a huge thank you to both players and we wish them all the best for the future.'
Lowestoft have assured supporters they are in the market for new players but will not announce anything until everything has been agreed between all parties.