Another blow for Lowestoft Town as league clash against Wingate & Finchley is postponed
Lowestoft Town's Bostik League Premier Division clash against Wingate & Finchley has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
A pitch inspection took place on Tuesday afternoon and the referee deemed the Amber Dew Events Stadium playing surface unfit for action - a date for the rearranged fixture is yet to be set.
A club statement said: 'Unfortunately everyone, just our luck at the moment, tonight's game has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
'Massive effort has been made by the grounds team to get it on but the ref has deemed it unplayable. News on a rescheduled date will be released soon.'
It is the latest blow for the Trawlerboys who recently revealed the depth of a financial crisis, which has seen the players go unpaid for several months.
You may also want to watch:
The club is desperately hoping for bumper attendances in their remaining five home games in the league this season and another postponement will cause the Blues another cash-flow headache.
Meanwhile Norwich United's Bostik League North clash at home to Hertford has also been postponed.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock