Billericay Town 5 Lowestoft Town 0: Tough tight for the Blues as leaders go nap
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft conceded four goals in 24 second half minutes as they crashed to a painful defeat at leaders Billericay last night.
The Blues could hardly have got off to a worse start, going behind after just two minutes when Adam Cunnington's cross was headed home by Sam Deering.
The leaders went on to dominate the opening period but were unable to add to their tally as the Blues defended stoutly.
But it was a different story in the second half as the Essex side took control. Danny Waldren quickly made it 2-0 following a slick routine from a corner and Billy Bricknell ended the match as a contest on the hour mark when he headed home after a Deering free-kick had come back off the woodwork.
The impressive Deering made it 4-0 on 69 minutes, bursting through an overworked backline before beating Dudzinski, and the lead was quickly stretched when Jake Robinson slid the ball home after being put in by Deering.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft: Dudzinski, Humphreys, Barker, Zielonka, McAuley, Cole, Hodd, Eagle, Reed, Foy, Bammant. Subs: Smith, Fisk, Clark, Machaya, Nyadzayo.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse