Billericay Town 5 Lowestoft Town 0: Tough tight for the Blues as leaders go nap
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft conceded four goals in 24 second half minutes as they crashed to a painful defeat at leaders Billericay last night.
The Blues could hardly have got off to a worse start, going behind after just two minutes when Adam Cunnington's cross was headed home by Sam Deering.
The leaders went on to dominate the opening period but were unable to add to their tally as the Blues defended stoutly.
But it was a different story in the second half as the Essex side took control. Danny Waldren quickly made it 2-0 following a slick routine from a corner and Billy Bricknell ended the match as a contest on the hour mark when he headed home after a Deering free-kick had come back off the woodwork.
The impressive Deering made it 4-0 on 69 minutes, bursting through an overworked backline before beating Dudzinski, and the lead was quickly stretched when Jake Robinson slid the ball home after being put in by Deering.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft: Dudzinski, Humphreys, Barker, Zielonka, McAuley, Cole, Hodd, Eagle, Reed, Foy, Bammant. Subs: Smith, Fisk, Clark, Machaya, Nyadzayo.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park